[Lois-Bujold] OK, would anyone like a coupon for 15 % off Warriors Apprentice as an ebook (to the point of OT:ness)

Jim Toth jtoth at megrez.org
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 00:34:56 -0500

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 10:55:40PM -0600, Andrew Lambdin-Abraham
(andrew at firehead.org) said:
> On Thursday, December 20, 2001, at 10:15 PM, Jim Toth wrote:
>
> >Now then, something I forgot to test earlier; what happens with the
> >"Re:" on this message?  Is mailman smart enough to put it *before* the
> >tag, even though the tags not in this message as I sent it?
> >(yahoogroups isn't smart enough to do this, and we end up with
> >subjects like
> >
> >Re: [listname] Re: subject line here
> >
> >when folks follow-up to my posts...)
>
> Hmm... your message didn't have the Re: [Lois.. in it, but mine and
> Robert's do.

It did have the Re:, though.  It had it after the tag instead of
before it.  It's just that Mailman didn't do what I was hoping it
would, which was to put the tag after the Re: bit instead of in front
of the whole thing when there was no tag (since I remove it, so that I
can see more of the actual subject line in the index view of my
mailer).

> Perhpas it's a client issues rather than mailman.

Both I'd say, actually. :-)  Although the client in this case is a
human, because I'm doing exactly what I want to do.  :-P  Ideally,
I'll set things up so that I'll automatically add the [Lois-Bujold]
bit back in...that should be easy, actually.  (I'll try to do it for
this post, but I'm too lazy to look it up--I wish you'd quoted the
whole thing above!)

> For another good thing about this list, I've seen no list lag.

Yup.  Woohoo!  Thanks again, Mel!

--
Jim Toth
jtoth at acm.org