[LMB] Missing lines in TWA

Dan Tilque dtilque at nwlink.com
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 21:22:07 -0800

In my edition of The Warrior's Apprentice (Second printing, Nov
1988) on page 295, chapter 21, there's the scene where Miles and
Ivan show up in the Council of Counts to foil Vordrozda's plot. In
that scene, there are these lines:

   Count Vorkosigan's eyes fell on Ivan, and his face cleared to
stunned exasperation. "Ivan, you idiot! Where have you been?"

   Ivan glanced at Miles and rose to the occasion, bowing towards
the witness bench. "Admiral Hessman sent me to find Miles, sir."

   "I did. Somehow, I don't think that was what he really had in
mind."

What I'm wondering about is the text starting "I did". That dialog
doesn't really follow the previous lines. I think it's likely that
there are one or more lines missing before it.

Can anyone who has a different printing than mine check theirs to
see if there's stuff left out of mine? Better yet, could the Author
check her original ms (assuming she still has it) for errors in my
edition?

--
Dan Tilque