[LMB] list headers

Mike Garrison mikegarrison at alum.mit.edu
Fri, 21 Dec 2001 22:31:13 -0800

> From: Elizabeth McCoy <emccoy at nh.ultranet.com>
>
> At 4:20 PM -0500 12/21/01, Christine L. Forber wrote:
>> At 04:01 PM 12/21/2001 -0500, Elizabeth McCoy wrote:
>>> Any way to ease up on all the headers?

>> What email program are you using? Maybe one of us can
>> help you change the  settings so you see fewer headers?
>
> Eudora Pro 4.0 for the Mac.  And it's already set to
> minimal headers --  my other lists don't show all this
> List-foo cruft.
>
> Here's all the headers that I see on _minimal_ headers:

[snipped]

I hate to say it, but better me than Mel. This is a problem
with your email program, not the list.

My email client (Mulberry) doesn't show any headers (except
from, to, cc, and subject) unless I ask it to. This is the
way email programs are supposed to work.

I run an email list myself, and you just can't run a list
like this and cater to broken email clients. There are too
many things that can be broken.

As far as I can tell, none of the headers being sent by the
list are actually illegal, even if they are not common.

-Mike