[LMB] The Acolyte and the Kittens....

Scott Raun sraun at fireopal.org
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 11:21:07 -0600

On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 11:11:59AM -0600, D Echelbarger wrote:
> But.... why just an acolyte? and why kittens?
>
> If there was a Temple for the acolyte to be attached to, shouldn't
> there have been at least one priest, too?  And I'd think each Temple
> would keep the appropriate Totem Animals around, just because this
> *is* apparently the most common religious ritual ordinary people have.
> The one miracle they all get, as I think Lois (or someone else)
> pointed out.
>
> So..... shall we speculate on what circumstances would result in there
> being only an acolyte to perform the ceremony, and only kittens to
> perform it with?

Let's see - maybe Gotorget?  Possibly all the priests were dead, and
only an acolyte remained.  And, all the _other_ animals were dead or
fled!

Other possibility - maybe the acolyte was traveling, and there was a
death at a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere.  Caz was also traveling
through, and got to help.  In this case, maybe the deceased was an
elderly relative of the acolyte, and he (or she!) was on a visit home.

Third possibility - smallish temple, one priest, TWO funerals!  One
big important VIP, other unimportant person (except that they're a
fried of Caz's).  VIP gets the Priest and animals, other gets acolyte
and whatever he could round up.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org