[LMB] OT:? Review of latest Liaden book

Natalie Getzoff gnatg at bookcase.com
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 20:06:14 -0500

Khenta:
> You just be glad that I don't know where you
> live... ;) > and that I don't have the means for trip across the
> ocean...

Robert:
> You could always ask pretty please with bribery...
<snip>

Khenta:
> > Just finished _Pilots Choice_ on Sunday. Which caused an urge to
> > reread _Partners in Necessity_. And _Plan B_ (at the moment). And
> > leaves me completely useless for any other book. Argh.
>
> That's a LIE!  Or if it isn't why are you on this list? ;)

Heh.

Robert:
> If ID and DI landed in your lap, which would you read first?  All I
> know is that I would call in sick Right Now, rather than later.

Having read DI already, I still would reread it first, even though I have not read I
DARE.  How could I help it?  The fact that I read it in one sitting (from around 10 pm
to 2:30 am) makes a rereading absolutely necessary.

> > Khenta
> > who thinks that the Liaden books are exactly the right fare to take
> > her through the holidays

Robert:
> No argument there.

Nor from me.  I lent PARTNERS IN NECESSITY, PILOT'S CHOICE, and PLAN B
to my good friend Diana.  She called me up all pissed off after she stayed up til 4
am reading, overslept her alarm, and got to work really late.  She proceeded to
come home and bury her nose again.  Hee-hee.  Then again, I am the one who lent
her SoH a few years ago too.  :-)  Mom is next on the list.  She is currently reading
Kristine Smith's books...  I am almost as good a book-pusher as Diane E.

Natalie -- who wigged her aunt out today in a bookstore.  she'd never seen me zip
through the shelves and pluck a bunch off, then go buy them.  must feed the habit...