[LMB] Re: While we're making suggestions... (repost)

Mark A Mandel mam at theworld.com
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 16:45:01 -0500

	[Elaine W]
#> #Oh and Hello folks...after a looooong looong break (so long I shall start
#> #afresh here) I have returned, having finally completed my PhD thesis.

	[Mark M]
#> Mazel Tov!
#>
#> (Bin there, dun that... seven flinkin' years! I hope yours went by
#> faster.)

	[Dave K]
#Can I cry now, since I'm about to embark on mine?

Take this advice from my high school AP English teacher and subsequent
lifelong dear friend: A dissertation is never finished, it is
*abandoned*.

I.e., you finally realize you'll never get it perfect and you have to
get it IN and get on with your life.

Keep this in mind as you go along.

-- Mark A. Mandel, Ph.D. (Linguistics, UC Berkeley, 1981)