[LMB] Re: The Acolyte and the Kittens.... and the Bastard and hell

Elizabeth McCoy emccoy at nh.ultranet.com
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 17:26:56 -0500

At 7:28 PM -0600 12/26/01, D Echelbarger wrote:
>So maybe that ritual is twofold-- it lets the survivors know where
>their loved one is going and, *when* the god choses you, your spirit
>is released to go on to the appropriate place in the afterlife (or
>whatever).

Or at least speeds the soul on its way?  (I vaguely recall some suggestion
that the soul gets there eventually -- but that could just be from a
discussion elsewhere. O:/ )

>Of course, an obvious exception is people whose souls are taken by the
>Bastard's demons, who take them straight to "the Bastard's hell"
>without waiting for a ceremony.  Hmmmm... perhaps that implies that
>only those so taken end up in the Bastard's hell, and the ones taken
>up in the normal way go elsewhere?

Or at least a nicer part of it? O:>

--Beth, typing w/a uncoopertive baby (iolanthe) causing typos.
arcangel is nursing a trout with ARMS! ARMS that reach out and try to pound the keyboard!
You say "And teeth. Ow."