[LMB] Dissertations (was) While we're making suggestions...OT:

Robert Parks rparks at lvhot.org
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 00:17:08 -0800

Betsy Hosler wrote:
> OTOH, my husband never finished his undergrad thesis, so doesn't have a BS
> degree, yet earns 3 times the salary I do. I didn't chose the field or
> degree for the money, but it still rankles.

And if it doesn't rankle, it certainly is weird from the other side.  I
will make more than my dad (Full Professor/UNC-CH) this year, in my
"entry level" job, which is completely uninterested in my "some
college".

Robert
actually it does rankle that a busdriver can make more than a university
professor without much difficulty.