[LMB] Stunners, needleguns, plasma arcs, etc

Andrew Lambdin-Abraham andrew at firehead.org
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 20:18:04 -0600

On Sunday, December 30, 2001, at 05:10 AM, Richard Macdonald wrote:

> Michael Bauminger wrote:
>>
>> Not precise, at all. More like spraying with a Tech-9. Too dangerous
>> to be useful around hostages. Besides, where did you get the idea that
>> needlers were Bothari's weapon of choice? He is always written with a
>> nerve disrupter and a plasma arc in hand, with a knife for close work.
>
> But was the imprecision from the weapon or from the wielder of the
> weapon.

The wielder, in this case I'd suspect.  Although she could probably have
been indiscriminate with a pencil in her state.  Any projectile weapon
which fires single unit projectiles is pretty precise compared to a
diffused beam weapon, if that's what we're comparing it to.  However, I
don't know if Bothari was really that concerned in the matter.  He
probably shares Aral's opinion of stunners, but I agree with Michael
that he's not _depicted_ as using much ofther than nerve disruptor and
plasma arc, with knife.  No matter if a needler is precise or not, it
doesn't have any textual relation to him other than being killed by it.

Andrew