[LMB] FILK: Rerequesting comments on some of my works

Michael Bauminger mikebomb at myrealbox.com
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 23:51:26 -0500

On Sunday, December 30, 2001 6:58 PM, "Andrew Lambdin-Abraham"
<andrew at firehead.org> wrote:

> I am a Vokosigan (Piotr)
> Piotr:     Oh, better far to live and die
>            Under the brown and silver I fly,
>            Than play a sanctimonious part
>            With a galactic head and a galactic heart.
>            Away to the cheating world go you,
>            Where galactics all are well-to-do;
>            But I'll be true to the song I sing,
>            And live and die a Vokosigan.
>                 For I am a Vorkosigan!
>            And it is, it is a glorious thing
>            To be a Vorkosigan!
>                 For I am a Vorkosigan!
> ALL:                You are!
>            Hurrah for the Vorkosigan!
> <snip the rest>

I am sure this is set to a Gilbert and Sullivan tune, but I must admit
that my G & S knowledge is very sadly lacking. Which song, from which
play, and can you send me a link to somewhere I can download the
original so that I can see how your version fits?

~Michael