[LMB] OT: Diversity

TheOTThug at aol.com TheOTThug at aol.com
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 16:50:03 EDT

In a message dated 4/20/02 7:26:27 AM Central Daylight Time,
diane at dendarii.com writes:

> I have to agree with Stanford.  A coaching position is not the
> same as a pulpit and *should not* be treated as a vehicle to push your

While I agree with Stanford, and only reported the issue  because of the
hypocrisy, I would like to say something about Ron Brown.  He has
taught and coached Pagans, Jews, and Buddhists (to my knowledge)
and they have not felt mistreated.  He has also coached gays and had
both male and female homosexuals in his house.  He believes that
these people have made mistakes, and if asked, will say that freely.

On his radio show, he is more vocal, but teaches kindness and
understanding to people who make (what he considers) mistakes.
He is a member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and participates
in prayer both before and after the games.

Why this point of view is more rejected than evangelical gay, black, (he
is black) or feminist viewpoints is questionable to me.

Jeff Parker