[LMB] the wedding dresses

Mark A. Mandel mamandel at Filker.Org
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 21:07:20 -0500 (EST)

(I changed the subject line because the original one got diverted onto the
subject of my gallstone/pancreas attack.)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 22:13:48 -0500
Subject: Re: [LMB] Re: Dr. Whom's Birthday "Present"! (fwd)

I am still thinking about the dresses.

Got more blue silk! My intention is to make the two dresses similar, but
Betriz's should be a maiden's dress, while Isele's needs to be for both a
queen and a bride. So I decided she needed blue brocade.

While I would like to see Hazel McMahon's new book, which has a "Juliet"
dress on the cover first, I don't know if that is going to happen in time.

So my plan now is to cut out and make a traditional wedding gown from the
Renaissance dress pattern I have. This is one I'm clearer about in terms
of sleeves, fabric, etc., and it will give me practice in working on this
pattern, in making headpieces, etc.