[LMB] Dr. Whom's Birthday "Present"! OY: OT:

Mark A. Mandel mamandel at Filker.Org
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 21:12:30 -0500 (EST)

Thanks to all for your warm wishes and practical suggestions.

Rene has indeed been pampering me, and I didn't realize till I was a day
or two out of the hospital just how grey-spirited and bleak the experience
had left me. And on that subject I also had the wise advice of my sister,
who has spent MUCH too much of her life in hospital beds (I think she took
most of my share of that chunk of Mala Fortuna), who told Rene that
exactly that was going to happen. (Or maybe she told me directly; I've
been a bit unclear on reality.)

-- Mark A. Mandel