[LMB] Chalion background

BJ van Look vanlook at yahoo.com
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 19:04:36 -0800 (PST)

--- Lois McMaster Bujold <lbujold at myinfmail.com> wrote:
>     Someone on another list googled up an exceptionally good precis of the
> portion of the life of Isabella I filched as inspiration for _The Curse of
> Chalion_.  I read the Peggy Liss book for my course, back when; I read the

While I read the precis, I had that Leslie Fish song, "Queen Isabella" running
through my head:

"Here's to old Queen Isabella of Spain,
 Who was more than a little deranged...."

Barbara

=====
"I *hate* when that happens. It always feels like a
 personal attack by a universe which is supposed to be
 apathetic about me."
                  -- Hestia to Sherrie, APtR, Scene IV

BJ van Look         vanlook (at) yahoo (dot) com
Speaking only for myself and my evil twin Skippy.