[LMB] OT: UK online bookstores

Louann Miller lqmiller at iqcisp.com
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 08:01:51 -0600

At 06:06 PM 12/2/2002 -0600, K Kuhn wrote:
>Louann Miller wrote:
>
> > But I bought the US edition of "Night Watch," primarily because it was
> > somewhat cheaper. At least the cover on this one is merely nondescript
> > instead of actively and maliciously ugly. (recalling pink and neon green
> > cover ... shudder)
>
>Yep, that's why I'm getting the UK versions.  Does amazon.uk give you
>decent discounts?  last time I looked, discount hardly existed at
>amazon.

Amazon US gave me a 30% discount on "Night Watch." In the past I've been
able to get discounts of up to 40% from Amazon.co.uk on Pratchett because
they're such uber-bestsellers over there.

Just-released stuff tends to carry good discounts at Amazon, hardcover
better than paperback. However small press stuff tends to have no discount
at all.  Shipping discounts are very cheap these days (any order over $25
free ship, it seems) which is a help. Also no sales tax.

Louann