[LMB] OT: book recommendations

Nora Bombay nbombay at mindspring.com
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 23:10:33 -0500

>Jason wrote:
>
>Alternatively the comic book series _Preacher_ by Garth Ennis.  Available in
>graphic novel format.  Nine volumes. ~$18/book.  Worth every penny.  Not for
>the squeamish.  Adult content. Plot synopsis: Preacher, his gun-totin'
>girlfriend, and an alcoholic Irish vampire are on a quest to find God, and
>not for reasons of spiritual enlightenment.

I have two comments to this:

1. Natalie, if you want Preacher, I own the run. I'll bring it buy.

2. You _do not_ want to read this while expecting a baby. A prominent
series character is from a  family that liked "To keep the bloodlines
pure". By inbreeding. Wait till Hermie is about and wandering around.

3. Try Wicked, by Gregory Magurie. It's the life and times of the Wicked
Witch of the West, and much reccomended.

4. Christopher Buckly. I've greatly enjoyed his books. Little Green Men,
and Thank You For Smoking are my faves.

Elizabeth, willing to offer you sympathies