[LMB] OT vegan Italian sausage Re: Calling Ma Kosti

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 00:41:48 -0500 (EST)

Nicholas was looking for vegan Italian-style "sausage".

See
http://www.thesoydailyclub.com/groceries/SausageAisle.asp

http://www.lightlife.com/linksc.html
http://www.sunergiasoyfoods.com/prod_spicyitalian.html
http://www.bocaburger.com/boca_sausages.html

It looks like Boca Foods, LightLife, and Sunergia Soyfoods all make what
you want. I haven't tried any of these (don't think I've even seen them).

Yves Veggie Cuisine makes an excellent Italian Ground Round (quite similar
to ground beef, but w/o the salmonella) that I can highly recommend. You
could make it into lasagna or meatballs. The Mexican Ground Round is
really good for tacos -- you cannot tell the difference.

Personally, I'd take vegan sausage w/real milk over meat sausage w/soy
milk, but then I loathe the chalkiness and overall taste of soy milk. Some
types of soy milk are sweetened as well, which would make them doubly
useless for cooking.

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca / alayne at ncf.ca

"But we'll have to save it for everyone, right?" said Mr. Boggis. "Even foreigners?"
"Well, yes. You cannot just save the bits you like," said Lord Vetinari. "But the
thing about saving the world, gentlemen and ladies, is that it inevitably includes
whatever you happen to be standing on." -- Terry Pratchett, _The Last Hero_