[LMB] Cyrillic Alphabet (WAS: Button makers, Vor monograms, Questions for Listmind)

James M. BRYANT, G4CLF jbryant at iee.org
Thu, 05 Dec 2002 07:37:24 +0000

Pat in North Carolina talks about the
entwined VBK on Olivia's saddle.

We must remember that Barrayar uses a
MODIFIED Cyrillic alphabet. For starters
today the Russian V looks like a Roman B,
the Russian upper case B looks like a
Roman lower case b and the Russian lower
case B looks like 6. K is the same in both.

I was going to give more detail but to
my horror I find that my original Cyrillic
Truetype font does not work under Windows
2000 and the replacement one has different
values (i.e. when I changed the font setting
what had been "MOCKBA" (Moskva = Moscow) had
become something which was obviously wrong,
even to me).

I do not have time right now to go research
again. Mark?

James - having a busy birthday