[LMB] Re: OT: book recommendations

Natalie Getzoff gnatg at bookcase.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 13:26:59 -0500

Thanks to everyone for the book rec's.

Sarah Caudwell -- read 'em
Kate Ross -- read 'em (waaah, no more!)
Carole Nelson Douglas -- read some
Elizabeth Peters (Amelia Peabody) -- read some
Robin Hobb -- read 'em
Caroline Stevermer's When a King Comes Home -- read it, though "so-so", loved A
College of Magics much more

I still find it odd that people here read what *I* like.  Most of my RL friends don't
read SF.

I will probably try the Sarah Zettel, Harry Turtledove, and Martha Wells, and Jo
Walton's books mentioned a few weeks ago are on the list.  Elizabeth has scared
me away from the "Preacher" series for now, and I'm not much for comic books or
graphic novels anyway.

Thank goodness for the internet -- not really going out, certainly not with the snow
on the ground.

Natalie -- about to visit bn.com