[LMB] What part of English is "Jingle"? ot:

Dan Tilque dtilque at nwlink.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:20:56 -0800

POUNCER performed an arpeggio on a keyboard and produced:

> But now the question for the listmind in general, and
> Dr Whom in particular:  If a gerund results from noun-ing
> a verb; what do we get when we take our verb and
> adjectivize it?

Participle. Usually participles are inflected forms of the
verb, -ing for present participle and -ed for past. But the
inflections are not absolutely required as in the case of 'Jingle

Dan Tilque