[LMB] LMB] Art and cats, was thanks for help with word

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 16:47:00 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Lois McMaster Bujold wrote:
>     Hold that thought. HarperCollins has contracted a very good artist;
> see www.dmbowers.com for a peek at his work. However, one never knows
> quite what one is going to get. Lots of input -- from writer, editor,
> art director, the artist as well -- can sometimes have one of those "too
> many cooks" effects. I'm hoping for gorgeous, but it could come out darn
> near anything. No one is in control here.

This appears to be the artist that did the cover of Caroline Stevermer's
last book? I like his stuff, even if he is over-fond of brown.

At least he seems to understand the Renaissance/late medieval style.

You wouldn't have any art you were looking at while reading the book that
you could point him at?

OTOH the flash/shockwave on his site could just disappear IMHO without
losing anything, but then I prefer simple and spare and fast.
[Anyone try to access Kevin Spacey's new site for screenwriters
(www.triggerstreet.com)? And realize that unless you had the very latest
browser/flash technology you weren't getting in? Really brilliant for
impoverished writers -- and those who aren't Microsoft fans.]

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca / alayne at ncf.ca

"But we'll have to save it for everyone, right?" said Mr. Boggis. "Even foreigners?"
"Well, yes. You cannot just save the bits you like," said Lord Vetinari. "But the
thing about saving the world, gentlemen and ladies, is that it inevitably includes
whatever you happen to be standing on." -- Terry Pratchett, _The Last Hero_