[LMB] Re: OT: Calling Ma Kosti

Mark A. Mandel mamandel at Filker.Org
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 17:05:24 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, I wrote:

#Here in Oz, it's just as easy to get beef lard/beef dripping which is
#rendered down from the fat from under the skin. The suet is sold separately
#for its other uses. Would this be Kosher?

There's more to kosher meat than that. What it comes down to is Ask a
kosher butcher, or someone who knows more about kosher meat than I do.

Since I'm baching it here in Philly for the present and the only meat I
eat at home is either packaged kosher meat (e.g., Hebrew National) from
the supermarket or stuff my wife cooks and sends down frozen, I don't have
a lot of options. It's probably simplest for me to just forget about this
recipe for the time being. (Who's that? Devera? -- Never mind. OT. Other
author. Never mind.)

-- Mark M.