[LMB] Winterfair

Mark A. Mandel mamandel at Filker.Org
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:37:13 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Jagoda, Lynette K wrote:

#------ I believe they did an entire "Winterfair" ball at Arisia in Boston
#two years ago with Lois was the guest of honor. Including a Mirror Dance or
#two. But I didn't get to go... <pout> so I can't provide anymore details
#than that.

I was there, and the Dance Master was my old friend and ex-coworker Patri
Pugliese. He says that mirroring your partner is actually a heckuva lot
harder than it sounds, and pace Kareen (and Lois) is NOT for a novice
dancer. I wasn't there for the whole ball, but I don't think a Mirror
Dance was on the ticket.

By prearrangement, at Patri's request, I burst in at one point between
dances as "General Vorklempt", insisting that we MUST do Mad Yuri's Polka.
After a bit of dialogue, Patri "acceded" to my "demand", teaching a silly
play dance that is authentic to the same period as the other historical
dances he was teaching.

-- Mark M.