[LMB] a small poll

Meg Justus megj at nwlink.com
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 19:00:24 -0800

So, so far it sounds as if almost all (not Pam, though -- do you remember
what made you pick it up?) those who weren't SF readers before had to have
Bujold shoved into their hot little fists, as I did.  Even if you were
fantasy readers (is that like fantasy football??? -- Miles would be at what
position?).

Is there *anyone* on this list for whom Bujold was their first from either
genre?  Or should I be asking this on RRA-L?  <g>

Casey said, re getting past a possible convert's prejudices:
>  This is something that probably most of us have
> designed a "spiel" to work around.

I've got several that work for people who read other genre fiction, but none
that work on the "highbrow" folks.  Any ideas, anyone?

Meg
yes, I'm trying to convert a "highbrow" at the moment, so? <eg>