[LMB] OT: Max, the Typhoon, and current weather

Patricia A. Swan zafaran at sff.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 15:25:39 -0500

Hey, y'all.

Had the weirdest conversation with my brother last night.  It started
with mentioning that the List Sibs in Alaska were complaining about the
weather, and that other e-friends had been complaining about the wind
and rain that were lashing Northern California.  He said what did I
expect since the wind and rain that hit the West Coast of the US was
the same storm system that had leveled Guam three days earlier as a
typhoon with 180 mph winds for twenty hours.  Said he'd been following
it's progress on The Weather Channel. (He also called a friend and
asked him if he'd heard from his son since the typhoon hit Guam.  "What
typhoon?!?!?.  Friend is now trying to contact son.)

Told Brother about Max and the Typhoon, and will be printing out a copy
to take over for him to read.  Can't get him to read LMB for money,
marbles, or chalk, but he's at least willing to read Doug Muir. <arg.>

Pat in North Carolina

--
* Patricia A. Swan   <*>  zafaran at dnet.net  Ebay ID:  zafaranswan  *
* Six Swans Design   http://members.fortunecity.com/zafaran        *