[LMB] OT: TTT - are there people who haven't read the trilogy?

Martin Bonham mjdb at internet.co.nz
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 14:23:58 +1300

In digest 1874 Damien Sullivan <phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote
> Modern D&D is much more liberal on race/class combinations.
> I wanna play a half-orc paladin.  [snip]
> I envision the fun of dealing with normal 'good guys'
> ("No, he really is a paladin!")

Have you read D*v*d W*b*r's Fantasy? - Highly recommended.
He isn't an Orc, but this sounds a lot like what Bahzell
Bahnakson experiences. The first two ebooks in this series are
available for free from Baen's Free Library.
http://www.baen.com/library/dweber.htm
_Oath of Swords_ and _The War God's Own_
Start reading with the second if you want to find the similarity
soonest.
The Writing of the  third book is still supposed to happen soon,
although the near simultaneous arrival of three children for the
Webers is likely to cause his writing schedule to slip.

Martin.

--
Martin Bonham, Auckland, (Aotearoa) New Zealand.
Home of Middle Earth