[LMB] OT: Romance Writing

megj at nwlink.com megj at nwlink.com
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 15:36:24 -0500

Mandos writes:
SF/Fantasy readers on the other hand tend to collect and maintain books, SF
tends to make up a small fraction of the total book production and the books
that are purchased tend to remain with people and out of circulation.

The term "keeper shelf" is almost universal among romance readers.  I know
*lots* of romance readers (in my capacity as a public library librarian,
among several others), and while I don't have statistics, I do have a good
feel for it.

It's just about as hard to find the "best" romance authors in a used
bookstore as it is to find Bujold there.

Meg

http://mail2web.com/ .