[LMB] SP: WG snippet translation (2/2) -- LONG

Laura Gallagher kelts at earthlink.net
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 20:02:35 -0800

> This is it!
> The second part of the WG snippet translated
> from the Algoritam website

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

> That the future milady was constantly frowning
> and in the dark mood clearly was due to
> premarital nervousness added to exam stress,

Ow, what a combo.

<snippage>
> "And here's Elli's."
<snip>
> "This is live fur--a genetic product. It looks > just like the one Miles
once gave to
> _Elli. _  If she is recycling his presents, the
> message is pretty clear."

I believe the obvious comment to this is "ME-ow!"

> Roic realized that Taura towered over him
> in the exactly same way ladies of normal height
> towered over Lord Vorkosigan. Women seemed like
> this to him _always. _
>
> _Oh. _

What a nice insight,

> "She is...  under additional stress these
> days. I tried to get as many organizational
> things of her back."

Possibly too many, without thinking about what she really needed?  Possibly
leaving too much time for her to brood?  Or making her feel not in control?
Certainly the latter wouldn't be hard to do, with all the weight and tradition
of
Vorkosigan House behind him - and Miles as oblivious of it as a fish of water.

> Roic tried to reconcile himself with the image
> of a Lord Vorkosigan as the huge woman's fairy > godfather.

yes, that describes it pretty well, I think.

> While sergeant Taura's massive footsteps
> creaked on carpeted stairs behind him, he
> carefully climbed to the second floor, then
> pushed his head into a quiet room that
> looked like Vor lady salon. Nowhere in sight
> were any clothes racks or tail-
>

> ENDE

What an odd spot for them to end the teaser at.

Thanks again for the translation.

Laura Gallagher