[LMB] Bujold tech in headlines - cloning

Mark A. Mandel mamandel at Filker.Org
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 15:38:02 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002, Christine L. Forber wrote:

#At 12:37 PM 12/28/2002 -0800, Kale wrote:
#>According to this CNN report, a group called the Raelian movement claims
#>to have succeeded in human cloning with a baby named Eve.  What creeped
#>me out about it was Rael's Jacksonian claim:
#>
#>"Your personality, your memory -- everything recalled in your brain -- you
#>download it when you die in an adult cell, an adult clone of yourself, and
#>then you can have eternal life through different bodies," he said.
#>
#>http://www.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/12/28/cloning.vatican/index.html
#
#What I find curious is that there is not a bit of evidence to back up the
#claim, absolutely none (at least according to all of the articles I've read
#so far).

Worse than that, it is completely contrary to everything we know about
genetics.

-- Mark A. Mandel