[LMB] [DI 3 spoilers] Wild Surmise

David W. Levine dwl at panix.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 01:09:19 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Andrew Lambdin-Abraham wrote:

> On Thursday, January 31, 2002, at 07:13 PM, Lucy Chubb wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 02:10:10PM -0800, Janet Bruesselbach wrote:

> >> .
> >> .
> >> .
> >>
> >> If Lt. Solian left "a limb's worth" of blood, and downsiders would
> >> find it
> >> difficult to escape to other Quaddie stations unnoticed, then... Maybe
> >> Solian was amputated?  And his legs replaced with arms?  Maybe by
> >> choice,
> >> or maybe not...
>
> That's a wild theory, and quite inventive.  There's only one question:
> Why there?  It would be impossible to add new arms outside of an
> incredibly sophisticated hospital, so why perform the amputation in a
> shuttle bay?  Makes absolutely no sense at all.
>
> Still, very creative and something I'd never inkeled at all.

How about the need for a space suit? It's a hell of a way to make you fit
in a quaddie space suit, but if you're willing to posit amputation and arm
grafts, to begin with and you're stuck in a docking bay without a space
suit and have an urgent need to go someplace outside the station. Ugh.
Double Ugh.

- David (Who's not quite pleased with how his mind tossed that image out
	 so quickly!)