[LMB] Barrayaran reading material, or quaddie, anyway

Laura Gallagher kelts at earthlink.net
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:35:52 -0800

I wrote:
> <snip> I can see that Leo Graf might be a Kipling fan,
> and certainly his views would have been vastly influential
> on the quaddie culture.  ("They do not preach that their
> God will rouse them a little before the nuts work
> loose.")

Thinking on it further, I have a question I'd dearly like to ask Lois,
if she was still on the list these days.  (Although certainly her
finishing up a book is Very Important and Takes Precedence!)  Given
that she has said she based Leo Graf to some extent on her father,
IIRC, I wonder if her father liked Kipling.  If anyone gets a chance
to ask her, let me know?

Laura Gallagher