[LMB] Chap 4 posted on Bean's Bar with Spoliers

POUNCER altpouncer at yahoo.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 08:45:36 -0800 (PST)

Patrick Vera <iiradned at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Part of Chapter 4 has been posted on Baen's Bar.

<< I don't explain to them that after years
of trailing around after you, my definition
of an emergency is seriously divergent from
theirs." >>

I'm still chuckling.  And am reminded that
off all Miles's Dendarii/ImpSec missions,
we've seen only the great successes...

Someday, I'd like to see the complicated
fiasco.  A big loading bay with a dozen
airlocks; Cetas and Barrayarans and
Betans and Dendarris all hopping in and
out with different, but all mistaken, notions
of who Miles is and what he's up to
and Miles lying as fast as he can while
trying to do something utterly trivial.
Think _Noises Off_ or _Run for Your Wife_;
a la Bujold.