[LMB] Quotes

Mark A Mandel mam at theworld.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:20:21 -0500

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Susan Profit wrote:

#to talk to your Jump tech people about re-calibrating some of our
#Neklin rods."
#
#This looks to me as if he has not forgotten Arde Mayhew.

Mebbeso, mebbeno. Could be, though.

#On page 81, where Miles has been doing escort duty at the embassy of
#the Baba's wife -
#"Her wit he could not gauge, as she spoke neither English, French,
#Russian nor Greek, in their Barrayaran dialects or any other and he
#spoke neither Lairouban nor Arabic."
#
#This looks to me as if it does point to language drift on the outer
#planets.

Indeed, and somewhere we also see, I think, Ekaterin studying Barrayaran
Russian with an earbug.

-- Mark M.