[LMB] Rabid Foaming Weasels OT:

JoatSimeon at aol.com JoatSimeon at aol.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:37:45 EST

In a message dated 2/1/02 1:22:05 PM Mountain Standard Time,
marna at redmaplegrove.org writes:

> is to listen to yourself and either raise objections or just plain get the
> Hell out of there as soon as you think something's wrong.  Before you're
> 'sure'.

- good advice, on the whole; and I'm _not_ a pacifist.

Getting into a killing fight is not something one should do if there's an
alternative, if only because you may lose.

As Elizabeth the First said on a mildly related topic, "I do not like wars.
Their outcomes are never certain."

BTW, I helped teach a woman's self-defense class once.

Our main problem was that most women were so oversocialized that they _could_
not hit or hurt someone, even in pretence or symbolically.

We had to do a lot of de-inhibition training; or as we put it, "getting in
touch with your Inner Thug".  Much "don't think about it, just throw the
switch and do it".