[LMB] DI copy travels (was The Feminist Mind)

Andrew Lambdin-Abraham andrew at firehead.org
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 00:48:43 -0600

On Friday, February 1, 2002, at 03:54 PM, Alexandra Y. Kwan wrote:

> At 12:51 PM 2/1/2002, D Echelbarger wrote:
>> If that's what you've got planned, Marna, it won't hurt him much.
>> See, I'm next on the list for the VorMuir copy-- and I've promised to
>> send it to James as soon as *I* finish it. <G>
>
> Just wondering, how long does one have to be on the list to get these
> amazing benefits? ;-)
>
> little Alex

Well, if you're loud enough, not long at all. :-)
Here's my understanding of the current situation, which may be wrong.
Marna has a copy.  The current travel plans are:
1) Ottawa - It's there now
2a) Texas - Houston - Scott P will receive it, and perhaps pass it
around any area listies who want it.
2b) Texas - Austin - I will get it, and any Austin area listies who want
it.[1]
3) Unknown

At some point it goes to Australia, although I think overseas transits
may tie it up longer than ideally, and so should be put-off until most
people close at hand have had a chance.  ISTR you're in Hong Kong, so
this would probably apply to you too. :-(

I don't want to overstep my bounds here, but I'd like to suggest that
the travels be optimized for speed, if possible.  That is, people who
believe they can read it quickly (have sufficient free time, can read
fairly quickly) should get priority, so that it can be passed to as many
people as possible in a given amount of time.  Does that seem reasonable?

Andrew

[1] I am inferring this from a comment by Marna that Texas was next to
get it, and since she was replying to me I assumed she meant I was
included in that, though the Pilot has the prior claim.