[LMB] Pacifism again (ot:)

Alexandra Haropulos aharo at erols.com
Sun, 03 Feb 2002 08:20:20 -0500

JoatSimeon at aol.com wrote:

> Now, of course this isn't an _unlimited_ obligation.  If the majority decides
> to, shall we say, kill the Jews, then disobedience becomes mandatory.

But, but, this happens all the time. "Killing the Jews" is now enshrined
as a Clearly Bad Thing and now qualifies as 20-20 hindsight.

What about the people who honestly believe that Abortion
clearly fits in that slot? Everyone believes Von Stauffenberg was
justified (note: Automatically Evil Prussian Aristocrat does
good?), but then why is Eric Robert Rudolph Bad?

Deep metathinking is required on this one, not just a reiteration
of one's position point on the subject at hand.

Alex H.