[LMB] Pacifism again (ot:)

Kiri Aradia Morgan tiamat at tsoft.com
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 13:19:22 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Alexandra Haropulos wrote:

> JoatSimeon at aol.com wrote:
>
> > Now, of course this isn't an _unlimited_ obligation.  If the majority decides
> > to, shall we say, kill the Jews, then disobedience becomes mandatory.
>
> But, but, this happens all the time. "Killing the Jews" is now enshrined
> as a Clearly Bad Thing and now qualifies as 20-20 hindsight.
>
> What about the people who honestly believe that Abortion
> clearly fits in that slot? Everyone believes Von Stauffenberg was
> justified (note: Automatically Evil Prussian Aristocrat does
> good?), but then why is Eric Robert Rudolph Bad?

I am perfectly capable of understanding that Eric Robert Rudolph was not
evil by his own lights.  That doesn't mean he isn't evil by mine, or that
he isn't breaking the law.

Kiri

Kiri Aradia Morgan                                  93!  Thou Art God
tiamat at tsoft.com

"If time passes, everything turns into beauty
If the rains stop, tears clean the scars of memory away
Everything starts wearing fresh colors
Every sound begins playing a heartfelt melody
Jealousy embellishes a page of the epic
Desire is embraced in a dream..."              -- X-JAPAN