[LMB] Women in Combat (veering back to topic)

Shalom Septimus druggist at pobox.com
Sun, 03 Feb 2002 19:48:10 -0500

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 17:30:20 -0700, Danielle N Hart
<russianfox_b5 at juno.com> wrote:

> Although you won't get an
>AR15 for sunburn if you can prove it wasn't your fault.  We had a friend
>at DLI who was given amoxicilin, not told it would increase his
>sensitivity to sun, and went skiing.

That doesn't sound right somehow.

I'm betting he had tetracycline or one of its derivatives, or maybe a
fluoroquinolone. Amoxicillin isn't known for that particular side
effect, whereas the tetracyclines are notorious for it, especially
minocycline. You can get a *bad* burn on Minocin, and doubly so if
your UV exposure is from top and bottom: snow reflects it pretty well.

--
Shalom