OT: [LMB] Women in Combat (veering back off topic) OT:

Elizabeth McCoy emccoy at nh.ultranet.com
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:12:01 -0500

At 8:35 PM -0500 1/31/02, Dave Klecha wrote:
>So, comes the point.  I knew a girl named Tammy, when I was in the Delayed
>Entry Program.  She was tough.  She could do twenty pull-ups (male
>standard max), she could run 3 miles in around 19 minutes (female standard
>for max points), she could do one hundred crunches.  I'm sure she probably
>could have handled the infantry.  Whether she could have sustained a six
>or ten or twelve mile hike carrying half or more of her body weight is
>debatable.

So how-come when we're wandering around the mall... I'm the one who
gets to hold the toddler? O:> (_And_ the purse, _and_ the diaper bag...)

(Well, it's true I manage to pass her off a fair amount, though most of
that is by virtue of wrecking up my wrists from holding her...)

[Truth be told, so long as people don't use "Excluding the wimmin" as
a way to, well, make people feel inferior... I'd rather high standards.
And if some woman can meet the standards, well and good! And if not,
well... I dunno, National Guard? ]

[Of course, if it's a judgment call whether a woman's met the standards,
somehow (did it take her 1.5 seconds to do that last pushup? 2?), then
there can be problems. O:/ ]

[Me, I'd never _want_ the job. Among other reasons, I die without
painkillers, every month or so. O:p ]

--emccoy at nh.ultranet.com // arcangel at io.com  In Nomine Line Editor
RPG links; Random name list, Art: http://www.io.com/~arcangel/