[LMB] OT: Medalert bracelets and the like

D Echelbarger diane at dendarii.com
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 17:42:47 -0600

Royce said:
> Shoot, they're working on that now, for use on
>military dog tags.

There's a non-updatable equivalent available *right now*-- for pets.

For a not-too-outrageous fee, you can have your pet implanted with a
permanent ID-chip. Then if it's ever lost and picked up by an Animal
Control officer (or dropped off at the Humane Society), they'll scan
for the chip, ID you, and call you to tell you to come get the animal.

Frankly, given the level of paranoia that has parents fingerprinting
their 2-yr-olds and storing DNA samples, I'm rather surprised there
isn't *already* a variant of this out there for humans.

Diane E