[LMB] Rabid Foaming Weasels OT:

Marna Nightingale marna at redmaplegrove.org
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 12:51:22 -0500

PAT MATHEWS wrote:

> Marna: I'm a grrrl, too. And like Eric, I totally flunked mind-reading in
> kindergarten. And like you, got the message what having to be told is a sign
> of ... add "just trying to be difficult."

Yeah. I'm not really as bitter and unforgiving about all this as it sounds.

A lot of it's about taking responsibility for things equally. I work really hard
at avoiding passive-aggressive.
But the opposite of passive aggressive is NOT "aggressive". OR "passive".

But in return, I'm a LOT more reasonable if people, male or female, will, you
know, honestly cop to their position on the perception scale, and say "look, I
have days of great cluelessness, so sometimes you have to tell me really obvious
things" rather than "I am not a mind-reader (and you're expecting me to be, so
this is All Your Fault.)"

I can deal with the fact. I don't much like being told that being perceptive is
a personal failing, anymore that you like being told that being literal is one.

I think perceptiveness is a skill, and it can be learned by almost everyone.

Marna.

--
Marna Nightingale
marna at redmaplegrove.org
~~~~~
"Women should not be enlightened or educated in any way. They should, in fact,
be segregated as they are the cause of hideous and involuntary erections in holy men."
St. Augustine.