[LMB] Rabid Foaming Weasels OT:

Marna Nightingale marna at redmaplegrove.org
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 13:15:22 -0500

Mark Atwood wrote:

> Marna Nightingale <marna at redmaplegrove.org> writes:
> >
> > I mean, it is OBVIOUS to her. There's no real attempt at subtle,
> > here.  It's a different communication style.
>
> Listening for what is not said, and looking for millisecond long
> facial tics and small changes in body posture and minor changes in
> intonation is not "obvious" or "un-subtle".

Gee, I find it to be large print.

Bet you can do it in a job interview.

But no, it's not necessarily easy, and sometimes you're quite right.

Sometimes it's manipulativeness. Just as sometimes the male 'if you want to to
do something you have to tell me" routines is bullheaded obstructionist BS.

There is, however, a very very large middle ground.  Some progress on the middle
ground would do wonders for separating out the extremes on both ends, and they
could either get married and drive each other ranting mad or go get some nice
therapy.

Sorry. Deliberately becoming someone *I* would consider clueless is NOT on my
personal path to enlightenment and liberation.

Learning To Be A Boy != "equality".

Besides: you guys want the grrl job? You want to get hit on, have less
responsibility for initiation, all that stuff?

It's not all swanning about looking bait-ish, sorry.

The two are connected.

Marna.

--
Marna Nightingale
marna at redmaplegrove.org
~~~~~
"Women should not be enlightened or educated in any way. They should, in fact,
be segregated as they are the cause of hideous and involuntary erections in holy men."
St. Augustine.