[LMB] Rabid Foaming Weasels OT:

Geoffrey Waigh gpw at uniserve.com
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 11:26:15 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Marna Nightingale wrote:

> I think perceptiveness is a skill, and it can be learned by almost everyone.

Vector calculus is a skill, and it can be learned by almost everyone.

For a long time (and still to some extent,) I tried to perceive all the
subtle unspoken communications people may have been having.  I usually got
it wrong and thanks to my personal Baggage in a particular distorted
light.  Then it was pointed out to me that to keep trying things that
don't work but harder is a Bad Idea or at least an ineffectual one.  So I
am on a regimen of trying to communicate with people about my thoughts and
their thoughts rather than trying to guess them.

Besides in the case of subtle women trying to attract the attention of
clueless men, shouldn't the perceptive people be able to tell the others
are clueless rather than deliberately ignoring them?  That in itself may
be grounds for losing interest but they should at least assign the right
reason.

Geoffrey who would have to review his textbooks before doing any advanced
calculus.