[LMB] "I don't care" with Barrayar

Andrew Lambdin-Abraham andrew at firehead.org
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 20:17:48 -0600

On Thursday, February 7, 2002, at 02:57 PM, echelbar at execpc.com wrote:

> And even then, she *still* wouldn't make a decision. Which is why I
> don't go on trips with her anymore.  I don't *like* making 100% of the
> decisions 100% of the time. I find it about as frustrating as having
> to *argue* every single decision.  And if I want to be frustrated, I
> can stay home and come to work. <G>
>
> Diane E

I'm just waiting for Bart to compare your experience with that of an
officer out of contact with HQ.  :-)  At least you'd expect to make all
the decisions then.  And I'd think the non-coms help a lot.

To drag this on topic, what's it like in a Vor home.  The man is trained
to make all the decisions for everybody, while the others are expected
to simply follow.  What's the closest modern parallel we have?  The
ideal 50's family?

Andrew