[LMB] Best One-Liners

icewolf01 at att.net icewolf01 at att.net
Fri, 08 Feb 2002 04:01:28 +0000

Dan Tilque gave these two snippets, saying they don't so
much shed new light on Ivan's character as they
epitomize him:

> "Can I go behind the bushes and throw up now?"
> "No. Quite thinking like a subordinate."
>
> "Do you consider yourself an innocent bystander?"
> "God knows I try to be."

I notice these are both from _Memory._ The book in which
Ivan stopped acting like a hormone in a uniform. Hmmm.
There be an on-topic thread in there somewhere...

OK, Ivan's not all the way to the finish line *yet*. But
I would posit that in _Memory_, the combination of the
promotion to captain (a big deal that wasn't necessarily
given) and the fact that Miles needed him and either
could not or would not ask wrought serious changes on
Our Boy.

Thoughts, questions, comments?

-Lyn

--