[LMB] Request Help With RTFM OT:

Casey Allison cameramom00 at yahoo.com
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 10:42:49 -0800 (PST)

   After a two year break, I've just reactivated my
subscription to the LMB (only to find that the traffic
is higher than ever--eek!--and may have to unplug
again...) but for as long as I can handle the volume,
I'll stick. Good to see that so many list-favorites
are still around!

   I have a help request to make, since I've noticed
several recent refs about Manuals from both sides of
the page (readers of and writers of, that is). I'm
currently attempting to self-study Excel 2000, using
Greg Harvey's "For Dummies" book, and am going totally
mind-numb with it. Not only is it dull subject matter,
but the book's so drearily written. Can anyone suggest
a better/faster/more engaging substitute?

   I will be reporting to The New Job, for which this
skill is necessary, in only 10 more days, and would
like to arrive with at least a *clue*, if not complete
expertise.

   Thanks in advance, if anyone can help.

  ~~ Casey A.