[LMB] Best One-Liners

Scott Raun sraun at fireopal.org
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:43:13 -0600

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 11:01:42AM -0500, Peter H. Granzeau wrote:
> I think one of mine is (approximately) "Then why are you standing in my
> way?".

Only one word off:

     "Why not? Everyone else has. It seems if you are Vorkosigan
enough, you can even get away with murder."
     Ekaterin stiffened unhappily. Miles hesitated a fractional
moment, considering responses: explanation, outrage, protest? Argument
in a hallway with a half-potted fool? No. _I am Aral Vorkosigan.s son,
after all._ Instead, he stared up unblinkingly, and breathed, "So if
you truly believe that, _why are you standing in my way_?"

(_ indicates start or stop of italics)

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org