[LMB] Switched on Language OT:

Marna Nightingale marna at redmaplegrove.org
Sat, 09 Feb 2002 13:14:00 -0500

Virginia L Stoll wrote:

> > > Pouncer:
> > > Pooh.  <Thrusts out lower lip.  Crosses ankles.  Tosses hair back
> > > from eyebrows with a head shake, but does NOT bring hand to
> > > brow.  Shoulders remain level. >
> >
> Mark Atwood:
> > And the translation of this is?
> >
> > (Truthfully. I would not even know where to begin to begin
> > interpreting it.)
> >
> Hmm.  Based on this sample, Straight Southern would be a very confusing
> dialect to me, too.

I THINK that one is:

Straight Northern Female: mildly irked
Straight Younger Southern Woman: Offended. Deeply.
Straight OLDER Southern WomH^H^H^Lady: About to eat your liver with a spoon.

Marna, who among her other oddities, has a whole bunch of Southern cousins, who
she adores.

--
Marna Nightingale
marna at redmaplegrove.org
~~~~~
"Women should not be enlightened or educated in any way. They should, in fact,
be segregated as they are the cause of hideous and involuntary erections in holy men."
St. Augustine.