[LMB] Fireworks OT:

Shalom Septimus druggist at pobox.com
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 00:18:00 -0500

On Sat, 09 Feb 2002 19:38:49 -0700, "JMW JMW" <lady_isabeau at msn.com>
wrote:

>I am actually angling for groats, if I can just figure out what they are,
>and where to get some.  They aren't the same as grits, are they?

Look in the supermarket for kasha. It's usually in the ethnic aisle
(where they keep the Kosher foods). Wolff's is the brand name I usually
see.

Or you can order them online from
http://www.thebirkettmills.com/products/sidedish.htm . They have both
kasha and plain buckwheat groats; they don't specify the difference.
(Possibly the kasha is milled? Anyone know the facts here?)

The groats are $1.80 a box, or $19.45 for a case of 12, and $3.50 flat
rate for shipping. They have recipes online as well.
--
Shalom