[LMB] OT: Even the Queen

Marna Nightingale marna at redmaplegrove.org
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 01:37:50 -0500

JEANCAIN at aol.com wrote:

> Marna writes:
> > Actually, they think it's healthy overall. We're not really built to bleed
> > EVERY
> >  month with maybe one interruption for pregnancy.
>
> I've heard this before, meaning, I think, that pregnancy is a
> break from blood loss during periods.

The blood loss isn't an issue; it's the continual build-up of endometrial tissue
that's the problem; it doesn't necessarily shed completely. The pill prevents
this somewhat, but not entirely.

Marna.

--
Marna Nightingale
marna at redmaplegrove.org
~~~~~
"Women should not be enlightened or educated in any way. They should, in fact,
be segregated as they are the cause of hideous and involuntary erections in holy men."
St. Augustine.